Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees


I loved this book and I am really excited to go and see the movie. I think I may take my kids to see it tonight. It is so rare to see a PG movie anymore. Here is a little synopsis:

Set in South Carolina in 1964, the film is the moving tale of Lily Owens a 14 year-old girl who is haunted by the memory of her late mother. To escape her lonely life and troubled relationship with her father, Lily flees with Rosaleen, her caregiver and only friend, to a South Carolina town that holds the secret to her mother's past. Taken in by the intelligent and independent Boatwright sisters, Lily finds solace in their mesmerizing world of beekeeping, honey and the Black Madonna.



If the movie is anything like the book, I will definitely need to take a box of tissues with me!

8 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

For some reason that movie isn't coming to our theater. I guess that is what I get for living in a small town.

Judi said...

Jenn, make sure you take a bunch of Kleenex with you. Tami, Britni & I went to see it Sunday night.... I think it made it's way to my top 10 for sure!!!

Unknown said...

I loved the book too and can't wait to see the movie! I hear it is excellent.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this book until I saw the previews for the movie and it looks great!

Lindsay-ann said...

I had not heard of this book or film either. I think my daughter would love it. We will watch out for it coming out over here.
It's title could be used to describe what was going on in my loft earlier this year!! We had a massive bees nest up there and we had no idea!
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

This looks like a wonderful movie and I just love Dakota Fanning. I can't to see it. If you go tonight you will have to email me and tell me how good it was :)

Kristen Andrews said...

oooh I want to see that also, I didn't read the book but love to read books and then see the movie.

Rachel said...

I can't wait to see that movie -- it's one of my FAVORITE books!!!!

Following In My Shoes -- the baby took over the blog