Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New cell phone and an update on the cats


I finally have an "American" cell phone! I still have my cell phone from England so that we can use it when we go back to visit (going to visit in February and I am so excited about that!), however calling my cell phone is long distance (another country long distance) unless you actually live in England. Now for the problem, it is so new and hi tech that I have no clue how to use it. Modern technology is kicking my butt! My 16 year old has promised to help me figure it out tonight. I am just excited to have a cell again.

We did find the owners of the kittens. She was less than grateful and all but accused us of stealing her cats! She said they were outside cats and they were where they were supposed to be. I think they are way to young to be outside cats. We had also bought the kitties new toys and offered to let her have them to take with her because the kitties loved them, she said no. I just don't understand people sometimes. You think you are doing a good thing and then wham, people turn around and really surprise you

My silver lining, today was my last day of work until next Monday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

People can really be Butts, I can't belive she acted like that Oh well her loss with the new toys. yeah for the new cell phone I know you will get the hang of it.

Ali said...

Guess you'll just have to adopt some more cats so the toys won't go to waste:)

Have a great extended weekend!

brandi395 said...

I've learned to not expect too much from people anymore, because it seems like more and more of them are ungrateful A-holes. At least you can sleep better at night knowing you did a good deed!

Good luck with the phone, it's time for me to get a new one and I don't even know where to begin. All these fandangled new gadgets!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Jenn
You did all you could to help the cats. They would have appreciated the care you gave them. Perhaps they will find their way back to you and there is nothing the miserable owner can do about that!
I hope you figure out your mobile phone. I have had mine nearly 2 years and only just discovered all these cute picture symbols I can send people! I sent a happy little green man waving picture to a friend but when she received it, it was a dog so I don't really know what sent wrong there!
I hope you have a lovely long weekend break from work.
Lindsay

Shannon said...

You should have just kept the cats. :)