Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hurricane Gustav


I just want to wish safe passage for everyone in Gustav's path this weekend. We lived in South/East Florida for three years and vividly remember all the near misses and the direct hits (thank goodness only category 1-2's at the time, but still scary!). I remember the long lines at the gas stations, the ATM machines without money, the grocery stores with completely empty shelves, and the 8-12 hours it took to put on our storm shutters on our two story house.

Please be safe everyone!

5 comments:

Ali said...

Looks like it's heading for New Orleans too. Too bad. They so do not need this again.

t said...

Sending the same safe wishes to everyone in the area of this storm.

Shannon said...

I am so glad that you guys aren't there any more. I worried about you ever time one came near Florida!

Kristen Andrews said...

sending safe wishes also, poor New Orleans!

The Florida Furkids said...

So far so good for NO. Let's hope it stays that way. We're watching Hannah here.