Friday, November 7, 2008

When to start putting up Christmas decorations?

I am having a hard time with deciding when to put my Christmas decorations up. We usually put them up the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but this Thanksgiving I have family coming and I would like the house to look nice. I can't seem to find much in the way of decorations for Thanksgiving (my grocery store is already playing Christmas music). So I was thinking that I might just put up my Christmas decorations early so that we can enjoy them longer and the house will look nice for our family coming for Thanksgiving. I am also on the look out for a 14 foot tree (artificial). We had to get rid of our last tree because it was almost 15 years old and was past its prime. If anyone knows where I can find a reasonably priced 14 foot artificial tree, please let me know! Have a great weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Shannon said...

Costco has great tree's. That's where we got ours. They are pre-lit and everything! I love mine. It fit's nicely in my vaulted front room.

Laura said...

I say decorate for Christmas before your family comes. Everything will be nice and festive. We enjoy our Christmas decorations for such a short time, I say go-for-it!

Anonymous said...

very nice Christmas article

Tina said...

i know what you mean. i think the traditional for decorations is 12 days before christmas you put them up like the song, then keep them for 12 days after!

Anonymous said...

I say put them up before Thanksgiving. I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Mostly because we already had our Thanksgiving when my family was out to visit, now I'm feeling ready for Christmas!

Tulsi said...

Thanks for stopping by! I am usually firm on not decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. If I were having family come and wanted things to look cheery I might have a change of heart and do it early.

Angela DeRossett said...

Oh I need to find a new tree as well! My tree is original with the marriage...lol!

I think you should definitely decorate before your family comes! And post pictures too!

Ann Harrison said...

You know what Jenn, you should just put up the decorations!
It will make you feel happy.
Every year doesn't need to have the same schedule.
Put up the pretty stuff and take pictures for us!

Kristen Andrews said...

I say go for it, why not enjoy the decorations.

Threeundertwo said...

I say put up the decorations. There are actually fewer weeks this year between Thanksgiving and Christmas - if you need an excuse.

Enjoy the festive atmosphere.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Jenn
It would be great if you could buy the house. If you want an idea of the prices there go to: rightmove.co.uk and enter the first part of the postcode and look for similar properties. The housing market in the UK is very slow at the moment.
Hope you find a tree.
Lindsay

Ali said...

Turn on the Christmas music and start decorating!

Anonymous said...

I say have decorate it now! We always put ours up the Monday after just because we are always gone out of town during the Thanksgiving holiday.