
Just thought that I would share this...
Dorothy E. Jacobs
POCATELLO - Dorothy Evelyn (Pellin) Jacobs of Pocatello, Idaho, died at her home on Sunday, April 13, 2008. She was 84 years old. She survived her husband, Sidney M. Jacobs, by only three weeks.
Dorothy was born on Feb. 7, 1924, in Girard, Ohio. She was the only child of Frederick Charles Pellin and Emma Pearl (Young) Pellin. Her family lived on the west side of Youngstown, Ohio, for over 20 years. Her father worked in a steel mill. Dorothy attended Chaney High School, where her creative spirit began showing itself in mixed chorus, dramatics and dancing. Upon graduating high school, Dottie joined the USO to help entertain the military boys in World War II, and to pursue her love of dancing.
While working for the USO, she met and later married a young sailor named Sidney M. Jacobs in 1944.
Dorothy's husband eventually joined the Air Force as an officer, and they were on their way to traveling the United States and overseas. Out of all the places they were stationed, including England, Dottie loved their stay in Wakkanai, Hokkaido, Japan, the most.
Dorothy enjoyed learning the language, shopping at the local "fish markets," painting, participating in the local creative outlets and fulfilling her obligations as the base commander's wife.
Sidney and Dorothy retired from the Air Force in 1973. They moved to Pocatello to be close to Sidney's upbringing in Malta, Idaho.
Dorothy enjoyed gardening and spending her time at home and with her family.
Dorothy is survived by her four children, Dennis, Sandy, Julie and Barb.
"You will be deeply missed." We love you, Mom.
Graveside services will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 19, 2008, at Valley Vu Cemetery in Malta, Idaho. Arrangements are being cared for through Downard Funeral Home, 241 North Garfield Ave., Pocatello, Idaho.
Published in the Idaho State Journal on 4/16/2008.
Monday, April 21, 2008
My Grandma's Life
Posted by Bob and Jenn Peacock at 3:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, what a full life! She sounds like a great lady.
I am so sorry for your loss! That's so much for you to take- almost at once. I hope you're doing well. I've been catching up on your adventures and I think you're the luckiest person I know! Good for you!
Post a Comment