
Okay, I never really did learn to drive in England. But today when I was out driving I noticed all the dang stopping and going at lights I was doing and thought how bad this must be for my car. The UK is smart by using the round abouts the way they do. You don't have to stop at any lights, most traffic just keeps going, and you don't have all the stopping and going like we do here. I think we need more round abouts here in the States!
Friday, September 5, 2008
I miss driving in the UK!
Posted by Bob and Jenn Peacock at 2:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Roundabouts take some getting used to. IF people don't use them properly watch out!
In America:
roundabout = deathtrap
I think Americans are too lazy, self-important, and rude when they drive for these to work here. I've only seen a few in the USA but I needed new underpants by the time we had gone through them.
They do definately take some getting used to!
Wendy, LOL on the needing new underpants! I felt that same way when we first moved to England.
Reading this makes me think of National Lampoon's European Vacation...Chevy Chase almost in tears, yelling out: "I can't get LEFT!". Too funny!
I've never visited England, but I'm sure I would be too much of a nervous WRECK to try driving there.
Stop the round-about, I can't get off!
I can appreciate missing all the starting and stopping. We live in the middle of nowhere in a small town with not much more than a blinking yellow light and when we go out into civilization it drives me nuts!
I was just going to mention the Chevy Chase movie but Bekkah beat me to it! So funny--I can picture myself doing the same thing!
They are starting to get Round-About crazy in Michigan. It is something to get used to, that's for sure ;)
Nice to meet you,
Bella
Is this the picture of your rental home?
Post a Comment