I really do! I have had to remind myself of that many times today. I woke up sick this morning and the hubby had plans, so he left me today with a new tub of Chunky Money ice cream and the movie "Made of Honor". Oh yeah, and he also left me in charge of our three kids to deal with all while being sick. Now you probably wouldn't think this would usually be to big of a deal right? Us moms handle this stuff all the time sick or not, it is just our jobs. well, let me tell you a little bit about how our day went...
Collin was at a sleep over still and hadn't come home yet. So, every time I got the pain to stop and I would almost fall asleep, my lovely son who is 12 would call to ask me a question. This got old after the very first call! I was sick and wanted some sleep.
So in my infinite wisdom gave the phone to my 9 year old daughter Addy to manage so that I could get a little sleep with strict instructions not to bother mommy unless it was Collin or Daddy. Just as I had dozed off AGAIN, Addy comes into the room with the phone saying that she doesn't know who it is but that it is for me. I nicely told her to take a message and she left the room. Not less than one minute did she come back with the phone but this time she was crying and said that it was the police on the phone. So, here I am sick, the lack of sleep is really wearing me down, and now I have been jolted out of bed by a policemen on the phone. All I could think about was my husband had been in a horrible motorcycle accident (that was what he was out doing) or that my son had been hit by a car on his way home from a friend's house. Well, it turned out that Addy decided to keep herself busy by calling 911 and then hanging up. So here I was sick, tired, and now dealing with police who had to go over a long list of questions with me to make sure we were okay.
But it doesn't end there (sorry). I had to go and pick up my son from his Friend's house. I put on some sweats and made it to the car. As I am driving down the road I happen to notice that there is a bee/wasp/yellow and black thing that could sting me right by my head on the head rest. I am deathly afraid of bees! I pulled over and tried to get the bugger out with no luck. Thank goodness no one was stung!
I finally made it home to rest, but as most of you mom's know, there is no such thing in the land of motherhood. I wouldn't change it for the world.
P.S. I love my Meg! She is asleep right now and I am using the computer in her room because it is the best one in the house. I love her because she lets me even though it is her good computer, and sometimes she will even stay up and keep me company. Good kids I have!
I hope you are all having a great weekend!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
I love my kids!
Posted by Bob and Jenn Peacock at 12:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
being sick w/ even one kiddo is challenging! I am afraid of bees also!
P.S. I think the necklace you are looking for is this:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15482367
send me a email to work out detials and I would love to give you a discount
klacustomcreations@comcast.net
WOW. You have a PHENOMENALLY beautiful blog...very nice work!
Huge fan of England too...family there...
Planning you as a regular stop, hope you dont mind me picking your brain, you obviously know what you are doing here!
Jay
Good job, Mom! It's not easy being a Mom and being sick. In fact, it's down right impossible.
Hope you are feeling better!
i got an award for you. i just saw you had it before too lol
http://www.mummydiariesblog.com/2008/09/tina-adventure-award.html
Sorry you had such a bad day. Goodness. Guess it can only get better and reminding yourself that you love your kids is a good way to keep from getting too upset.
Good Grief! Sick and all of that??? You poor thing! I hope you are feeling better.
By the way, thanks for stopping by the ol' blog during my "Hurricane Hiatus." I am so glad to be back!
Hah, that's a super crazy day! I hope you get some rest sometime soon! I understand, Jorden can take me from "Ohmygoodness child, WHERE did you come from?!" to hugs and kisses and love in just seconds! They're the best! Hope your Monday goes well!
What a day!
I can't believe she was calling 911 and hanging up! I hope they don't fine you, I've heard of that.....
Hope you are feeling better!
what a busy day! and being sick with it too :(
i think i would have just collapsed on the sofa and stayed there all day! but us moms know thats impossible lol
Post a Comment