The only thing that would have made it better would have been if our friends and family who are no longer with us were here to share it with us!
As you know, we feel so blessed to have made it out of our car accident in as good of shape as we did. I think we enjoyed this Christmas just a bit more because we were so happy to be alive and to just spend time with everyone.
Christmas Eve started off with a bit of shopping. We found something a bit unexpected in one of the grocery sacs; our bird punkin. She wanted to get in on the Christmas act too!
Here we are on Christmas Eve FINALLY putting the ornaments on our family tree. Bob and I have been so busy with work and school that we just couldn't find the time when all the family could be together to do this. Our accident was the night before Christmas Eve so Bob spectated from the couch.
Here is our finished family tree...beautiful!
Then it was time to decorate cookies for Santa!
The finished product and of course a glass of milk for Santa to wash the cookies down with.
This was the living room Christmas morning before the wrecking ball of flying Christmas wrapping went everywhere.
Megan, probably wondering if Santa forgot her.
Nope!
For Christmas breakfast we had Bob's brother Fred and his family over. They also brought Jacob, the newest addition to the family and what a cutie pie he is!!! I was so frustrated when I realized I didn't get any photos of the fam or the new baby. :( I am blaming it on Bob's concussion. :)
Christmas dinner brought my family over to celebrate (yes, we were very busy, but we enjoyed every minute of Christmas this year!). When my grandma Jacobs passed away, I was lucky enough to get her 1920's player piano. Some of my fondest memories are of sitting in grandma and grandpa Jacob's living room and either playing the music on the scrolls or just plain pounding on the keys. I found a company that still sells the scrolls for this piano and I bought Christmas carols. We sat around drinking coffee/hot chocolate and listened/sang to the carols. I think we have started a new tradition.
We hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours was!
Sunday, January 2, 2011
What a wonderful Christmas we had this year!
Posted by Bob and Jenn Peacock at 11:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What a nice Christmas! (Except the accident...) I will have to check out your piano next time I am over! And was that a new car for Meg? Really???? Wow! I want THAT Santa to come to MY house!
Post a Comment